Print Tech Spotlight: Canon imagePRESS C10000/C8000VP Digital Press
Digital technology has and is growing rapidly, with no exceptions in the printing industry and printing technology. Digital printing is expected to be around 17% of printing in value terms by 2020, up from 13% in 2005.
Following this trend, Canon has released a new line of digital presses. The Canon imagePRESS C10000/C8000VP Digital Presses boast shorter turn-around times and offset-like quality by using cutting-edge digital printing technologies. In an effort to stay with industry progression, Eveready Printing Inc. has recently added a Canon imagePress C8000VP to its digital printing press inventory.
Printing Technology Highlights
- Versatile inline finishing portfolio for white-paper-in, finished-product-out workflow
- Provides tight registration and stable color on long print runs and mixed media jobs
- Delivers high-quality offset-like output on textured media and supports specialty media including vellum, film, and synthetics
- Includes COLORlynx, the Canon Solutions America exclusive color calibration tool
- Features outstanding productivity with print speeds of up to 100/80 letter-size images per minute
- Wide range of media support from 60 gsm (uncoated) and 70 gsm (coated) up to 350 gsm (coated & uncoated)
- New inline spectrophotometric sensors provide more accurate and automated calibration
- Gloss Optimization technology can match the gloss level of the printed image to the media